The adventure continues ...
panAnd so now what--no more posts since we have left BCN? Hardly. We are off in different directions now, me in the desert southwest and Jenn in Seattle. I just attended Fotofest in Houston. Inspiring to see so much great work, but after one day-long workshop and four straight days of reviews, it was a bit enervating.
I am now in Austin, visiting long-lost friend Jeffrey Radicce, who is hunkering down studying esoteric energy market factors to both day-trade more effectively and develop a healthy paranoia about our collective future. I will soon to head to the West Texas town of El Paso and Big Bend. I have also stopped shaving, much to Jenn's distress. However, it is only an attempt to go mainstream.
[LINK]
I cannot make a photo blog on the road, as I don't have a digital camera. However, I do have a recording device to make a small road journal with the iPod. Here are a few clips from our adventures last night.
At Candy's house. Candy is from NOLA and hosted a crawfish boil. In this missive I explain the iTalk device and Jeffrey accuses his roommate Ron of using up all the fuel for the previous night's fire.
[LINK]
In this one, we commit several pounds of crawfish into a boiling, spicy, tasty demise.
[LINK]
At the end of the night, there was still much crustacean left over, skittering around in a cardboard box. Ron's girlfriend Michelle and I take the box nextdoor, as they seemed to be having a party too. Suspicious move with surprising results.
[LINK]
There will be more reports from the road. AND, since we still cannot help but miss BCN, and to sew up the haute food discussion really, really tight, I hereby amend the Ca Sento menu thusly. Thanks to Jeff, it is now complete, so file it for your records:
*the mystery lamb dish was: cordero relleno con endivia glaseada y jugo de su cocción
*sepia is cuttlefish, not whitefish (I curse myself, I thought I knew that one too)
*also, the prolific fish author is Alan Davidson
You'll also see a few leftover Barcelona photos in a future post, cos you cannot get enough.
I am now in Austin, visiting long-lost friend Jeffrey Radicce, who is hunkering down studying esoteric energy market factors to both day-trade more effectively and develop a healthy paranoia about our collective future. I will soon to head to the West Texas town of El Paso and Big Bend. I have also stopped shaving, much to Jenn's distress. However, it is only an attempt to go mainstream.
[LINK]
I cannot make a photo blog on the road, as I don't have a digital camera. However, I do have a recording device to make a small road journal with the iPod. Here are a few clips from our adventures last night.
At Candy's house. Candy is from NOLA and hosted a crawfish boil. In this missive I explain the iTalk device and Jeffrey accuses his roommate Ron of using up all the fuel for the previous night's fire.
[LINK]
In this one, we commit several pounds of crawfish into a boiling, spicy, tasty demise.
[LINK]
At the end of the night, there was still much crustacean left over, skittering around in a cardboard box. Ron's girlfriend Michelle and I take the box nextdoor, as they seemed to be having a party too. Suspicious move with surprising results.
[LINK]
There will be more reports from the road. AND, since we still cannot help but miss BCN, and to sew up the haute food discussion really, really tight, I hereby amend the Ca Sento menu thusly. Thanks to Jeff, it is now complete, so file it for your records:
*the mystery lamb dish was: cordero relleno con endivia glaseada y jugo de su cocción
*sepia is cuttlefish, not whitefish (I curse myself, I thought I knew that one too)
*also, the prolific fish author is Alan Davidson
You'll also see a few leftover Barcelona photos in a future post, cos you cannot get enough.
--ALAN

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home