Sunday, February 19, 2006

Achoo, but at least it's not bird flu!

Healthy (?) birds in Marakkesh (above)

It appears that I have a cold! It's not too bad. My nose and ears are congested, making me feel a bit loopy. When I talk, I sound like I've dragged my vocal chords over the coals one too many times. Fortunately it's Sunday and nothing is open, so I can stay indoors and rest without feeling like Spain is passing me by.

The good news, is it's definitely not bird flu. Yes, according to the papers, la gripe de los pajaros is
due to arrive here in Spain sometime in the next two to three weeks. Since the flu seems only to affect birds and the people who spend a lot of time with them, we're not too worried. We do, however, expect it to be a fascinating situation to see unfold up close.

In the meantime, I've posted links to some recently published articles on the
fBlog.

And with that, I'll go back to my sniffling.
-JENN

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home